Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Coolest

So one of the most awesome things happened to me as Mark and I were on our way back to Astoria from a friend's graduation party.

I tend to notice jewelry as a form of habit. I study it on other people (yes, even on the subway-- don't mind me). I'm a very visual learner and I like to observe what others find attractive in jewelry.

Anyhow. As we are falling asleep on the subway, I'm doing the usual glance over of the usual shiny things, and all of a sudden my eyes stop on a pair of earrings and my mind goes, Those look familiar...

A girl was wearing my creation! A pair of Adorned by Morgan earrings that she had gotten from Candy Plum. I'm really modest in general, but this is just something I had to share. It's one of the proudest moments I can ever remember having. There's really nothing like seeing something you've made with your own two hands adorning a stranger you've never met, but whom loves your design purely in and of itself.

At the time when it happened, Mark and I were exhausted, but I got a total rush and was just smiling like crazy.

Mark told me to introduce myself, but I love being anonymous right now. There's something magical about it. It's like this whole persona I have that is totally separate from everything else I do. That's really why I went with my middle name as opposed to my first when titling the business; I wanted to keep making jewelry as a fun, distinct entity from things like my writing and editing career.

Anyhow, I'll post a picture of similar earrings I recently made later on hopefully.

1 comment:

nice-etc.com / caitlin said...

wow that is really neat! talk about being in the right place at the right time! really fantastic :)