Monday, April 12, 2010

Meet Colette



Introducing Colette, the newest member of the Adorned by Morgan team and flatmate to Einstein and Papaya. Of course, the boys initially grumbled about bringing in another roommate, but now they've struck an agreement. Basically, they ignore her and vice versa.

Colette is going to fulfill the position of model for my necklaces. I searched long and hard for an assistant of this nature. And now that she's on board, I'm also daydreaming about outfitting her in antique Victorian clothing for which I've previously had no use. She needs a bit of "reconstructive surgery," for Colette, I was told, is in antique condition, but that will come with time (and when motivation strikes).

Colie (oh yes, we're already on familiar terms), was spotted outside of a reupholstering shop in the midst of moving. Of course, my senses perked up the minute I saw her, and words akin to, "I just want to check and see if they're giving her away..." were being instantly propelled from my mouth as my eyes glazed over. Mr. Morgan, being the (resigned) gent he is, parked the car, walked over with me, and watched as I dorked out with the shop owner about vintage goods. I admit, the exchange was a bit weird. But the best part was:

Me: Is she available?
Fernando, exuberant shop owner: Yes. What do you want to pay?
Me: ::acts uninformed that such pieces are usually in the hundred-dollar-plus range::
Um, how's 30?
Fernanda: ::all smiles:: Sure! Are you sure that you're comfortable with that?
Me: ::ecstatic:: Yeah! I just have to go to the ATM.*

*Okay, so my memory's not photographic these days, and this is just the gist of how it went, but $30? I nearly fainted with glee. Like I said, all the vintage pieces I've come across are priced in multiples of that sum. I couldn't wait to take Colette home before Fernando came to his senses. He also threw in some 60's-ish yellow, giant pom pom trim.

And now, Colette is part of the team.

No comments: