Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Crazy Chihuahua

This morning on my way to work I was approached by a flying chihuahua. I know I don't officially "wake up" until the clock hits double digits, but I was actually not dreaming. Walking by the corner store near the subway, I see this cute little puppy on a leash, sitting on a ramp that leads into a store; and as I glance over-- she is suddenly in the air. At first I was like woah, she's gonna get pulled back like some sort of ridiculous yo-yo puppy! It happened too quickly for me to react and get near her or anything, and she actually-- get this-- jumped so hard she broke free of her harness. All of a sudden there is a puzzled puppy staring up from my feet at an equally puzzled me. There was no barking or vicious lunging; I think she just wanted a hug or something.

I pointed for her to go back so she wouldn't run away and she actually headed in the direction of the store, just as her owner came out proclaiming "Sandy! You're crazy! What? Did I take too long [in the store]?"

So yeah, that's how my day started. Oddly enough, this was not the first time I've had a strange Astorian animal encounter.

The other week I saw a blue and gold macaw drinking a Snapple. Actually, he was guzzling it. I'm a total parrot freak, and it's kinda hard not to notice something so random, so I went over to inspect. The parrot was so sweet, unfortunately his owner [a.k.a. the Snapple holder] was not. I was all "Yay parrot!" and he was very I'm going to sit here and ignore you. The cute parrot let me pet him, though, so I was happy.

Uh yeah. Other than this news, I had a great week in San Francisco last week. I picked up an insanely large amount of vintage beads at this store in Berkley, vintage jewelry and some grammar and a jewelry book. Berkley was totally beautiful, San Fran was fun as always and Napa was pretty but uber boring.



Highlight, we saw the Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill!


Yay conures!

No comments: