Wednesday, June 20, 2007

New boots

For the first time in a long while, I actually didn't mind anticipating a rainy day. Why, you ask? Because I'm wearing a darling pair of ankle-height, kitten heel boots! Add their baby blue hue to the mix, and I'd say that's definitely cause for a casual attitude towards the rain.

I don't have a pic of them as yet, but I will!

Also, I have been meaning to post a review of the Renegade Craft Fair in BK, which took place this past weekend; so as soon as I have the time I will do so. For now it's just a quick hello and...

A resolution: no more beads until I make some more sales.

After paying some larger-than-usual bills, I've realized I've been spending way too much to justify on this part of my life. OK, OK, it's justified by the fact that some of them will be used in projects and sold, others will be given in gifts and some are too darn pretty to pass up (see the blue, vintage Czech beads in a post below)!

I've been thinking about setting up another Etsy shop just to destash all of the extras I don't use, although I have simultaneously been thinking of collecting beads just for the sake of doing so. Vintage beads can be so beautiful in and of themselves (I have to post a pic of the Swarovski pear-shaped crystals I found; they're stunning).

The thing is, I don't have room in my tiny apartment for all of the collecting/crafting I would like to do.

I've also taken to collecting whole vintage jewelry pieces. My oh my!

Anyway, just this quick hello for now, expect shop updates soon.

Best,

Rachel

p.s. I saw a brown-and-cream-colored pigeon yesterday, and it was actually really beautiful. Its colors reminded me of a vintage fabric scheme...

No comments: