Wednesday, June 24, 2009

An ode to you, perfectly faded greenish-blue.

My latest color obsession, which has worked its way into the new shop banner, is a faded bluish green, with an undertone of antiqued yellow and brown. It makes my heart speed up to catch a peek of it, and while I've never "hunted" for objects with a certain hue in the past (other than clothing), I'm certainly doing so now! This is yet another way in which experimenting with mixed media work has expanded my perspective; it's only recently that I've opened my mind to all the possibilities a colorful scrap of paper or a broken bit of an chipped wood item can hold.

Here are some samples of this beloved blue hue:



An excerpt from an antique needlework book in my collection.



Victorian photo album mat via jennheuston.



Worn 1800's shutter at thespiritofcountry.



And a book I'm barely restraining myself from buying at estatesaletreasures.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I love that you love that blue. I love it too! Thanks for sharing the link... I have enjoyed the visit!

Katie Runnels said...

love your jewelry and your vintage finds! Thanks for your comments on my blog- I need to feature you if I haven't already!! wonderful!! send me reminders if i forget! xoxo