Saturday, November 24, 2007

Hangin' with my lil' green dino



This lil' guy peering out of his feathers is all tuckered out after a day chilling out on momma's knee.

We watched Mystic Pizza and Jersey Girl.



I'm loving these days off right now, spending time with my sweet birdie, although I had an extremely painful morning thanks to a certain monthly visitor. And so it was up to Einstein to take care of me. And the heating pad and some Tylenol.

I'm still trying to get the camera adjustments right as there is no "constantly roving parrot" setting on mine. So although many photos I have of Ein tend toward a bit of blur, I actually like the effect this gives them.

You can really sense his movement and personality... like in this post-spray bath pic:



When he lets us give him a rare bath, Ein looks almost like he's wearing a costume.

Which is just the most endearing thing ever, and requires much affection from his loyal subjects.



And we are more than happy to oblige.

In addition to fuzzy goodness, also wanted to share some pics I've had on my computer consisting of shiny goodness.



Vintage rhinestones that I've been using in my latest pin creations:



Likely vintage Swarovski teardrop crystals!



No other updates, although hopefully tomorrow. I actually have to start working on increasing inventory as most of my work is currently tied up in consignment.

I also have slowly been gathering elements for a mixed media project. I'll post the eventual results whenever I get to them. Time to create!

3 comments:

passionflower said...

Hi, I saw that little bird on your etsy shop banner and had to look at your blog for more pics. Oh, your little parrot is beautiful!Anytime I come across a bird lover I have to suggest the documentary: The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill. ;)
I just found your etsy shop and have a serious eye on the "purple drops with copper birds" earrings! They are lovely!

~Jean (passionflowers on etsy)

charkstudios said...

Your work is absolutely exquisite. Love that adorable parrot of yours....sure is cute when he's getting a bath!

Charlotte

Adorned by Morgan said...

Thank you so much, ladies!

More jewelry and parrot pics to come:)