Monday, November 19, 2007

My first tag and "Astoria represent"

Another benefit of my trunk show the other week: I got to meet extremely talented local artist Gretchen Wagonor, whose work I have admired for quite the while now.

Gretchen makes such attractive pieces as



and has tagged me in my very first "meme."

So, here goes!

Rules for tag-ees:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog; some random, some weird.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well
as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Random/weird facts about Rachel M. Kalina:
1)When I was younger, I wanted to be an actress and went so far as to play a minute role in my elementary school's Annie. I also did commercials on the side, a.k.a. in my bedroom, for random products such as doll bottles. Way to sell it, Rach.
2)I'm not a fan of booth seating in diners (or diners for that matter)-- despite the fact that everyone else seems to prefer it to tables when given the choice.
3)My artistic tendencies stem directly from father-- who is like a walking encyclopedia of craft-oriented knowledge-- while my gentle and easy-going nature comes right from my mother. My grandfather, being a watch-repairman and jeweler, was also a major source of artistic inspiration for me.
4)My dad and his three siblings were all adopted and didn't find out about it until recently-- so I have a set of grandparents and a family I've never met. Having always been into history and heritage, I hope to dig into this in the future (when I figure out how) and uncover some long-lost relatives.
5)I am willing to openly trust strange animals whom I've just met more than people on the same level.

Now that you know all these fun tidbits, I'm going to spread the love to Krista, Caitlin, Elizabeth, Amanda and Amity.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Yay, thanks for playing Rachel! I enjoyed reading your 5 facts. For sure, let's hang sometime in the hood.

Have a great day!

Amity said...

Cool! I'll play!