Friday, November 16, 2007

Progress Report

So, the last post was kinda random but important nonetheless. The reason there's been no Adorned by Morgan updates hasn't been to a lack of news or busy-ness-- in fact, it's been just the opposite!

Instead of boring you with a list of recent happenstances, here a brief photo log of review:



Check out my antelope earrings smack dab on the front page of Etsy.com's hand-picked items! I was blown away by this one. The day this happened, I open the Etsy page to see a pair of earrings in one of my favorite color combinations, so I immediately click on it and realize it's made by my Etsy friend, Krista. I e-mail to congratulate her, and literally within an hour she's writing me back to say I'm on the front page (Etsy switches its 12, front page items 2-3 times throughout the day). It was such an awesome and strange coincidence, and I'm glad I had someone so sweet to share it with!

Not only that, but also this treasury by TeenAngster was simultaneously featured as a gift guide on Etsy's online magazine, The Storque:



Needless to say, all of this activity really made my day, and it was a very proud moment for me. I was very much "freaking out," because my jewelry is so personal and an extension of my taste-- and to have others seek it out and enjoy it as much as I do making it... well that's really something special. Sometimes, I still can't believe any of it-- and I'm very thankful for every little bit of positive response Adorned by Morgan works hard to achieve.

I have yet to upload pictures, but this past weekend additionally saw the culmination of basically three weeks worth of me being in absolute jewelry-making mode (come home from work around 6 pm, create jewelry until burned out, sleep, repeat). My first trunk show (or any jewelry show) was held at SITE, an Astoria design boutique, during its holiday party.


(Photo courtesy of SITE)

For some reason, we didn't get a lot of traffic that day, so it was a little frustrating. On the plus side, it was a great learning experience, those who did enter the store purchased my jewelry, and I got really positive feedback. One woman was even familiar with my work! (Was I just able to say that...) Another took one of my brand new business cards (photos to come) created by the lovely Michelle Brusgaard, promising to "spread the word." It's quality and not quantity, after all, eh?

Special shoutout to Michelle, though, for working with me until we came across a design that I truly loved (it wasn't easy to choose, all of her ideas are great) and felt represented the "brand" I'm slowly building.

Yes, so! It has been nutty but wonderful over here and I'm extremely thankful for the positive response Adorned by Morgan has been getting. The running around is not over, though (just how I like it). I have other projects in the works, including my first craft show hosted by the Astoria Craft Collective on December 2, at the Waltz-Astoria. Definitely drop by!

No comments: